http://www.mediafire.com/?4zgejlmggmz
Philanthropy comes from the Greek word philanthropos which simple means loving people.
Philanthropy一词来源于希腊语philanthropos,意思是“爱世人”
As the trustee of the Annenberg Foundation, I was born into a family which developing one's social consciousness was encouraged and taking philanthropy action was the way of life.
作为爱林伯格基金会的理事,我成长在一个重视培养社会意识,把慈善事业作为生活方式的家庭。
I have some questions for years.
多年来,诸多问题萦绕在心,挥之不去
Most people tend to associate philanthropy with monetary gifting.
许多人都将慈善与金钱的赠予联系起来
But time again, it's like travel the world.
????
I've met individuals who've expanded that meaning for me.
我曾遇见过一些人,他们使我懂得了这一点
Without fail where there's great need, great hearts and minds rise up to meet the challenge.
哪里有需要,哪里就会出现伟大的心灵,智慧的头脑,来迎接挑战,这是一条不变的定律。
I started to explore a way that highlight the selfless act of exceptional individuals, dedicated to expanding the rich of compassionate giving.
总有些杰出的人们会用他们的行为向我们证明“慈悲给予”的丰富内涵,于是,我开始寻找一种方式,对他们无私的行为进行一番特写。
With that as our mission ,the Explore team set out for India.
以这个为目标,我们“探索小组”向印度进发,
A land blessed with deep rich and spiritual and philanthropic words, a land of magic.
向那片充满神圣的慈爱之语的土地,向那片神奇的土地------进发。
This fact-finding mission to India give me a perfect opportunity to explore the spiritual underpinnings 支撑,建筑物下面的基础,支柱 of philanthropy of compassionate, selfless giving.
此次的印度之行给我了一个绝佳的机会,去探究隐藏在无私,仁爱的给予背后那强大的精神支柱。
The Ganges River is profoundly important river to the Indian people. One of the river's great champions is also an India's most revered spiritual leaders Swami Chidanand Saraswsti .Also know as Swamiji Muni Baba.
在每一位印度人的眼里,恒河是一条万分重要的河流。Swami Chidanand Saraswsti (又叫Swamiji Muni Baba),印度最受尊敬的精神领袖,他也是最伟大的恒河卫士之一。
Swamiji's Indian Heritage Research Foundation also focuses on children's issues. Meeting him was an experience I will not soon forget.
Swamiji的“印度文化遗产研究机构”也致力于儿童问题的研究。 他对我的教诲真可用“醍醐灌顶醒我痴”来形容。
Main thing is god's greatness that is giving you the opportunity to be there and share. Because sharing is life, share with them whatever you have and give, bring other source together to share that whatever they have.
你必须搞清楚:神之所以伟大是因为:是他赐予了人类给予的机会。给予就是生活,与人们分享你所拥有的一切,他们自然会同你分享他们所拥有的一切。
Compassion should be here.这才是同情、怜悯。
When compassion is in the heart, it's not that you are giving something to somebody, you are bound to give. You melt.
如果心怀慈悲,分享就成了很自然的事情,你与慈悲融为了一体。
It's not that somebody tell you to give, you melt.
并不是有人让你去分享,而是一种发自内心的声音驱使你这么去做。
Swamiji has led a life of renunciation at the age of 8, he met his guru.
Swamiji于8岁出家。因为那时,他碰到了他生命中的guru。
Gu means darkness, and ru is remover. So guru is actually one who removes our darkness.
Gu指的是“黑暗”,ru指的是“驱除者”。所以guru的意思就是“黑暗驱除者”。
Really it could be anyone as long as that someone who shows you the path and clears the ignorance.
若有人能指明道路,能让你摆脱无知、愚昧,他就是你的guru。
You know they say the darkness of ignorance. Clears that darkness from your mind.
嗯,那种黑暗呢,指的是无知的黑暗。所以,guru能驱除你心中的这种黑暗。
At the moment he touch my forehead, I was undress for one and a half hour till I experience the different world.
他的手触碰到我前额的一瞬间,我元神出窍了约一个半小时之久,在那一个半小时里,我徜徉在另一个完全不同的世界里。
After one and a half hour, my friend touched me again, brought me back from that world.
一个半小时以后,朋友再次碰了一下我的前额,将我带回现实世界。
You know, the first thing I talked to my mom when I saw my mom
回家以后,我见到母亲的第一句话就是:
Mom, can you make me Swamiji?
妈,你让我当Swamiji嘛?
I never knew anything about Swamiji, nothing about them.
那时,我甚至都不知道Swamiji是什么
The first interaction, the first touch, the devine touch, the magic touch, things changed.
第一次的交流,第一次的触碰,冥冥中的触碰,神奇的触碰,因着它,一切都改变了。
Total dedication to God, renounciation of pessessions, the family.
出家意味着抛弃全部的财产、家人,对神完全忠诚
Basically anthing other than god.
从根本上说,就是要抛弃除了神以外的任何东西。
So for example, it's avows of celibacy, avows of simplicity, avows of non-ownership.
比方说,你得立誓从此独身,过简单的生活,不拥有任何物品。
From the age from 8 to 17, he was in the Himalayan forest, doing 11 hours of meditation and sadma.(同trauma,疼痛,此处指疗伤)
8到17岁,他一直在喜马拉雅森林里修行,每天有11个小时在冥想、为人疗伤。
11 hours a day when you are 8 years old, huh?
你8岁的时候每天就修行11个小时了?
wow
天啊
That was its devine touch made it possible.
冥冥中注定的那次触碰让这成为可能。
Swamiji's tale of transformation and cult at???? action echoes with stories of giving that I've heard around the world.
Swamiji的传说与全世界各种各样关于人们付出的故事遥相呼应。
India was no exception.
印度自然也不例外。
Doctor Dwaber called a action was centred on the untouchable children who she educates at Ramana's Garden.
Dwaber博士建立了Ramana花园,她想让印度“贱民阶级”的小孩在这里接受教育。
They are born into the lower cast of Indian society, their job in life---to serve others.
出生在印度的下层社会,他们这一辈子的工作就是---服侍上等人。
-----------------------------
It was all like that I came here and started to be a social worker and I wasn’t gonna to change anything. I was trying to change myself.
就像我最初来到这里开始从事社会工作一样,我并不打算改变什么,我只是打算改变我自己。
You have this inspiration to start a school
你当时灵光一闪想开办一所学校
and it grew out with a man whose name was Pokaj,
这“灵光”是在一个叫Pokaj的人帮助下成为现实的
and he brought me here Ganges on a program …
是他带我来恒河这里,参加了一个项目
I started meeting kids.
于是我开始接触这里的孩子们。
You know they didn’t have any buttons, that was the first thing has attracted(?) me
你知道,最先触动我的是那些孩子们没有扣子
none of them have a button on their shirt, and a lot of them have like a whole sleeve hanging off
没有一个孩子的衬衫上有扣子,许多孩子穿得像...怎么说呢,嗯,比方说,整个袖子都是垮着的
and I’d say, “you know what, you mother doesn’t know how to sow buttons?”
于是我问道“难道你妈妈不会缝扣子吗?”
Wasn’t she, you know, how she didn’t have a needle?
不是她不会,而是没有针
Needle is a luxury, but, for me that was a wow.
对他们来说“针”是奢侈品,但这在我看来简直无法想象。
So we started sowing buttons, and we started making numbers, started learning to write down their names.
于是我们开始给孩子们缝扣子,教他们数数,写自己的名字。
First there were 5 then there were 10 and there were 20, and so many kids came, and so many villagers needed help, so I decided to, which was too big for me, I can’t do this, so I was actually gonna to leave
一开始来了5个孩子,然后10个,20个,孩子们越来越多,需要帮助的村民也很多,多的超出了我的承受范围,所以我决定离开
and the Ganges rose, and she took everything I owned in the world
就在那时恒河突然泛滥,冲走了我在这里所拥有的一切
All of a sudden, I see it, where my whole life, where my whole identity, where everything I thought I was, is a wave of water, has gone.
突然,我发现,我的整个生命,所谓的身份,我所认识的那个自己,都像水波一样,流走了。
And in that moment, villagers started arriving, and wracking down bushes and saplings
而那时,村民们赶来了,开始砍伐灌木矮树
and by night, we were at least 70 people in this little structure
到了晚上,在那间小屋里已经盛满了至少70个人
and they brought food, they brought a string bed, they brought mattress, they brought carpets, they brought buttermilk
他们拿来了食物,棕床,床垫,毯子,乳酪
I looked at these people, and I realized I am not gonna to leave
看着他们,我意识到,自己不会走了
They giving everything they have, and asking zero, and returned their only concern that night, is “it wasn’t enough”.
他们拿出了自己的全部,却不要求任何回报,那个晚上他们唯一关心的问题就是“送来的东西够吗?”
That’s why I am here.
这就是我在这里的原因。
In my life, it was a very strange thing which happened.
在我的生命中,那是件非常奇怪的事。
I didn’t know much about the environment and environment law.
那时我对环境问题和环境法并不太了解。
So when I came to Delhi for practicing in the Supreme Court, one day I was at a party,
我当时在德里的最高法院实习,有一天参加了一个聚会。
and there at that social gathering, a person came to me and he said,
在聚会上,一个人走过来对我说,
“You are a lawyer! Attorneys have become so greedy in India that they don’t want to do any good work. They don’t want to take any social causes, they don’t want to do anything except making money.”
“你是名律师!印度的律师已经贪婪得不愿意做一丁点好事了。他们不愿从事任何社会活动,除了赚钱啥都不想干。”
And I never knew that poor chap,
我根本不认识那个家伙。
so I said, “what is your problem?”
于是我说,“你怎么了?”
and he said,“the Taj Mahal is dying. The Taj Mahal is a favorite to me and I visit it every year. But nobody is interested in saving the Taj Mahel.”
他说,“泰姬陵正在消溶。我非常喜欢泰姬陵,每年都会去看看。但是没有人对保护泰姬陵感兴趣。”
I had read about the Taj Mahal in the history books only.
我仅仅在历史书上读到过关于泰姬陵的介绍。
I had not seen the Taj Mahal
没亲眼看过泰姬陵。
I didn’t know about acid rain frankly, at that time.
坦白地说,那时我还不知道有酸雨。
I met that person about a minute only, I have not met that person after that.
与那人的相遇只持续了短短一分钟左右,之后我便再也没见过他。
I took scientists with me to the Taj Mahal, to show them how it is getting marble cancer, how it is becoming yellow.
后来我带着一些科学家去了泰姬陵,让他们看看大理石为什么会消溶,颜色为什么会变黄。
After about six months work, I filed the petition in the Supreme Court of India for saving the Taj Mahal, and for saving the life and health of the people living the whole Taj trapezium (area).
6余月的调研完成以后,我向印度最高法院提交了一份申请,要求保护泰姬陵及生活在整个泰姬梯形地区的人们的生活和健康。
It was an eye-opening to me: How can it be possible that we can ignore the environment. We can not ignore it. As human beings we have to be more in the lap of nature, rather than becoming a materialistic people.
此事对我启发很大:我们居然忽视了环境问题?!我们不能忽视它。作为人类,我们必须更好的与自然相处,而不是变成物质主义的人。
This was a turning point in my life.
这是我生命中的转折点。
A few * with these people who have found a singular calling and dedicated their lives to others that any prompts of success or recognition.
Coming from a philanthropic family, my quest for ways to contribute is an ongoing on.
成长在一个慈爱的家庭里,我一直在寻找着一种方式,通过这种方式,我能献出自己的一份力量
Somebody does not have money, but they can have their time, their wisdom, their knowledge
一些人虽然没有钱,但他们却拥有自己的时间,自己的智慧与知识
What’s the key of living a happy life?
幸福生活的关键是什么呢?
The key to happiness is to choose happiness.
幸福的关键就是去选择幸福。
Whatever they have, with that touch, they should change people’s life.
无论这些人拥有什么,只要他们带来了触动,就足以改变人们的生活
And that is their contribution, and to inspire people on their part is our mission.
这就是他们的奉献,而启迪人们则是我们的任务
That we may speak different languages, we may think from different ships, come from different religions, different races. Believe in different customs and tradition does not matter
我们可能说着不同的语言,站在不同的立场上思考,信仰不同的宗教,拥有不同的肤色,沿袭着不同的风俗和传统,这些都不重要
we are born in the same planet and covered by the same sky.
重要的是:我们都生活在同一颗星球上,同一片天空下
========================
It's not that the air what we breathe is different from the * that different from Americans, we are be in the same air. And that's * you all are linked and locked together as brothers and sisters. We are one and one family. And that feeling that come on, get up, let us * together, share together and walk together. To me, my moto is giving is living, and living is giving. And that's * we all * here.
我们呼吸的空气和美国人呼吸的不是一样吗?其实这些就是联系我们的纽带,是我们手足情深的证明。我们是一体的,我们拥有同一个家。这种感觉就是:嘿,让我们一起努力,一起分享,一起前进。对我来说,我的格言是:生活就是付出。这也是你来我这的原因。
In India,these rivers are the givers of life.
在印度,这些河是生命的赋予者。
We don't consider them as water, this mere water.
我们并不把它当作普通的水.
Ganges, especially, mother Ganges gives and forgives.
特别的恒河,母亲河恒河,她默默奉献着,原谅着我们的错误。
And when gives, it's not today she gives, and tomorrow she said enough.
她的奉献,不是那种心情好就赏你点东西,心情不好就啥也不管的施舍。
And giving you for thousands of years down.No vacation,on and on and on.
她的默默奉献已经持续了千年,并将继续下去。
And then, no discrimination. Gives to all.
她一视同仁的把自己奉献给所有人。
Whoever comes, wherever she goes, passes by, keeps giving.
无论谁来了,无论她流向哪里,她也坚持奉献。
She's irrigating the farms of Muslims, of the Christians, of the Hindus and of all.
她所灌溉的田野,有穆斯林人的,基督徒的,印度教徒的,和所有人的。
And Indian have this concept: With this mother, mother has no expectations, gives for the children, no matter what
在印度有这样一种观念:母亲无所求,只为子女而生。
Gangaes has no expectations, Ganges has no discriminations and Ganges has no vacation, and * for all, flows for all and forever.
恒河毫无所求,对谁都一视同仁,恒河不会让自己停歇,她将为所有人永远流淌下去。
In the west, giving is also a material transaction
在西方,给予经常是一种物质交易。
I give you this, in the return I expect that.
我给你一样东西,然后指望着你某日对我有所回报。
Here in India, the river is the godess, and the river provides an example to how to live one's life.
在印度,这条河就是女神,她教我们该如何生活。
Give without expectation.
她身体力行的向人们昭示着:生活就该付出不求回报。
Expectations, always, no matter what, is in your head, but the fullfillment of expectations is another sense that you are becoming the moment you expect more from others, desire more form others, you start becoming the slave。
其实,人人都希望自己的付出有所回报。但是,期不期待就是另外一回事了。当你对他人的指望和要求越来越多的时候,你就变成了“指望”的奴隶。
Other person has the * of your life, because you can not move yourself, you are expecting from others.
因为你无法自拔的指望着他人,别人也因此控制了你的生活。
And you ultra * according to others' *. To be peace, to be happy, the * will give, the * will given, accept more and expect less. Because expectation is the mother of frustration. And acceptance is the mother of joy and peace.
并且。。。内心平静点,快乐点,*就会付出,*也会付出。多接受,少指望。因为指望会带来挫败感。而容忍却能带来喜悦与宁静。
In anywhere, you accept ultimately, what you can do, what is in your head, you said yes, whatever god plan,whatever happens, accept the plan, life will become so beautiful, so wonderful, and you can see the magic of it.
不论何时何地,不论你能做什么,想做什么,你对一切都能欣然接受,不管将来如何,只要你始终抱着欣然接受的态度,生活就会变得很美很美。这样一来,你就能见识到这种态度的魔力。
It sounds simple, it sounds easy.
这些话听起来很简单,很容易
Yet putting the Swamiji's words into practice can be difficult.
但知易行难。
To give without expectation, what is it that makes it hold tight to what we have?
付出不求回报?那么又是什么让我们把自己拥有的东西攥得紧紧的?
is it a own need echoed in others scares us? 因为我们从别人那里看到了自己的占有欲?然后被这种占有欲给吓到?
Was it greed? Eagle?
是贪婪,心中的那只鹰?
Eagle, I've heard you mentions it a few times. Can you tell me how more about the role how the eagle plays in people's lives. And how do you kind of control it.
你多次提到的心中的鹰,请你多告诉我一些关于这只鹰的事情,它在在人们生活中扮演什么样的角色呢?你又是怎么控制它的?
I want to share one thing about this eagle which plays a major part in our lives, and people become so much stuck with that and they are ruining their lives, they destroyed their lives.
关于这只鹰,我想说一点,它在人们生活中扮演着主要的角色,以至于人们常常受制于它。它占据了生活的所有,毁了人们的生活。
This me,me,me all the time, I,I,I, ruins people. 这种只知道“我”的态度毁掉了人们的生活
Look at this beautiful flowers, everywhere, so beautiful. 看着这些漂亮的花,随处可见,如此美丽。
and I keep thinking, nowhere, nowhere he has portraits on signature. 我一直在想:神从来没有大喇喇的告诉我们
It's created by him, everything, he is the creator.他是万物的造物主
but maybe in the * doesn't look nice, doesn't look descent that you said I have done it.
Maybe in the back of the flower somewhere,GOD, GOD.
可也许,神就隐匿在某朵花的后面。
Nowhere, just to experience that. 你找不到他,只能感受到他的创造。
Even creating everything, nowhere you will see GOD. 即使一切都是他创造的,你也看不见他的存在。
========================
Look at this, what a landscaping, but there's nobody, no me. 看着这里的风景,多美啊,但这里面没有人类,没有“我”。
We have to be humble, we have to be polite. We have to be surrendered. 面对这些,我们不得不谦卑,不得不讲礼貌,不得不屈服。
And life changes. And that's why you need a connection, when you're connected with the divine. 态度改变以后,生活也变了。这也是为什么你需要和神灵建立某种联系的原因。
I mean you're connected with the south, slowly gradually you'll see, disappears.一旦建立了这种联系,你会渐渐的看见他,然后忽的,他又消失了
Swamiji's words are uplifting.
Swamiji的话令人振奋
If we are present as we look out this * and troubled world.
We will give , because we are compassionate beings.
若是真的看见了这个世界的多灾多难,我们一定会去付出,因为我们是拥有慈悲心肠的人类。
But as I continued my journey. I couldn't ignore India's harsh realities. 但随着旅行的继续,我却无法忽视印度某些严酷的现实。
There's a duality to our nature. 人类的本性有着两面性。
And there are compassion that's within our reach, we still * and tolerate great harm.
There is a growing feeling that no matter how much money, love, work, peace, green awareness or diplomacy you throw to any given situation, the need is now too great.
我越来越强烈的感觉到,在这样的境况下,无论你给这片土地多少金钱,爱,努力,和平,环保意识抑或是民主,它对这些的需求依旧异常强烈。
It is too late, that damage we've done is irreparable. 因为一切都太晚了, 某些损害一旦形成就无法修补。
When I started working, I immediately wanted to put lunch in all the school, so I wanted to feed the children and the villagers oppose me and they said we will not let our children eat with those children. 开始工作以后,我想马上在学校给孩子们提供午餐,此举却遭到了村民们的反对。他们说决不允许自己的孩子和那帮孩子一起吃饭。
And I said why? They said because the untouchable they can't eat in the same place. They can't drink from the same *. 我问为什么。村民们说因为那些孩子是贱民,贱民不能和他们一起吃饭。他们甚至不能喝同一....的水。
I put in water lines to the school and at night they broke them because untouchable and taken water from it, so it was desecrated. 我给学校修好的水渠,晚上就被村民毁掉。因为贱民们也从这里喝水,这条水渠因此而收到亵渎。
It is not a question that a part of the Ganges is getting polluted, It is all along... I never realized that this case would became such a mammoth litigation. If the Ganges is saved. We are saving about one-third of India. Chemical industries, they are very greedy. The noxious industries, what are they trying to do now? Now it is more than 100,000 industries. It is 300 towns which are discharging their sewage their domestic waste straight into the Ganges. For the last 20 years, I have been fighting this case.
问题并不是恒河的一部份遭到污染,而是整条河均遭到污染。我从来没意识到此宗案件能成为如此庞大的诉讼。如果我们成功地保护了恒河,我们就等于成功拯救了三份之一的印度。化工业学是那么贪得无厌,这个有毒的工业应该怎么做呢?目前有超过10万间企业,三百个镇现正把他们的污染物直接排放到恒河里。在过去的二十年里,我一直致力于这宗诉讼。
What is untouchable.什么是贱民?
My concept of it is that it was set up origanally to make India work. 我觉得起初设立“贱民”这个阶层就是为了让印度人当劳力。
There were teachers, who are their *, there were priests who with / and they needed somebody to do the dirty work. 那些老师,???,牧师,???,都需要人来帮他们干脏活。
So they created a cast call the untouchables. 于是乎他们设立了“贱民”阶层。
And it's their born birth right in duty that clean the shit of other people and they still do it. They sweep the streets everyday. 他们与生俱来的责任就是清理他人的粪便,此责任一直延续至今。现在,他们仍天天打扫街道。
To this day. 现在还这样?
To this day now. 对,现在还这样。
Not only was a river being disrespected, godess Ganges philosophies were as well. 人们对恒河,对恒河女神“众生平等”的信条完完全全的大不敬。
No discrimination, to me. the peril toxic carman??? said it seems to justify the cast system.????
If everyone is where they're meant to be, as a result to their conduct to past lifes and there is no place for Philanthropy . 如果命运真是命中注定,如果此生是由前世决定,那我们还要“慈爱”干什么呢?
If you're a poor and struggling. Then that is you * .如果你穷困潦倒却努力的生活着,
even Swamiji Muni Baba who believe strongly in *. Always reaches out a hand to those in need. 即便是Swamiji Muni Baba也对*深信不疑。他总是对需要帮助的人伸出援助之手。
When we * the essense of it then we see the problems.
It's not the religon, it's wrong. The followers went there forget the essence of religon then we * and we have problems. 问题不出在宗教上。责备宗教的观念是错误的。是信徒们忘记了宗教的原旨,于是问题接踵而至。
He seized a need, he starts the project, not one * has come in for it yet. 他看到了需要,于是建立了这个事业,。。。。?
With the belief in the fate that it's god's work and I don't take care of it.
We were in tsunami when tsunami took place, we just went to sponsor 500 children.
海啸发生的时候,我们在场,计划负责照顾500名儿童。
But when we went there, saw the devastation.
但当我们到了灾难现场
One for two day, stay for weeks and weeks
我们呆了一天又一天,一个礼拜又一个礼拜。
Thousands of people were fed, set up 100 temporary shelters, did huge distributions of clothing, cooking supplies, met everything they needed. Ended up adopting two huge villages where we rebuilt 450 houses.
我们为成千上万的人们提供食物,建立了100多个临时住所,分发衣物,厨具,满足他们需要的一切。 到最后,我们帮助两个村子重建了450栋房子。
The passion is whom you see in your temple. They came all from the temple and see him in everyone. What you see in others, not they are poor, not they are backward, not they are in need , ....god and you are serving god through that.
你在寺庙里看到的一切都是爱。这些爱来自于寺庙,你在每个人那里也看到了爱。不论贫富,尊卑,。。。。
========================
How do you define living a compassionate life?
您怎样定义带着怜悯之心生活
compassion should not be a mercy,
怜悯不应是一种可怜
that you are showing your compassion because somebody does not have this does not have this,does not have that ,and
你展示自己的怜悯只因为某人缺这个,缺这个,缺那个
you try to give those things and become compassionate
你尽力给予他们这些东西,就变得富有同情心了
look at Buddha,
而佛祖呢
when he got the enlightment he is not that he went into the dence forest
the deep forest that now more deep magician
当他得到启示,他并未走入能使他得到更深教化的深山丛林
the moment he got the letter and then he came back to the cities
当他得到教义的那一刻,他便回到了人类都市
that compassion that from the heart compassion is so powerful
那种怜悯之心,那种发自内心的怜悯
是如此的强大
it's not you have to do something it automatically you are on to do it
不是需要去做,而是自然而然,你便做了
and he started sharing with others in Media
而他就看是将这种神旨,与米底的每一个人分享
in continent when you see children
you see just god in them
在任何地方看见孩子,你就会在他们身上看到上帝
so innocent so beautiful and they themselves are message
如此单纯,如此美丽
you don't have to chase for this message
they dance out their message
而他们本身就是信息
你不需苦苦追寻。他们的舞蹈,传达了一切,
do you have any successfulstories you can share
你有什么成功的例子能和我们说说吗
Yeah a lot ah we have thirteen teachers that are untouchable and are teachings in schools in Danei in the high
当然,有很多
是怎样的呢
我们有十三名平民教师在德里执教
private schools of Dareidun which is the capital of education of all north India,in Richicashi one of our own boys are certified in holistic medicine.
和在达雷顿的高级私立学校执教,那里是印度北方的教育中心。在热西卡西,我们这儿毕业的一名男孩是整体医药学资格医师
that makes you feel good.
这一定这使您感到很欣慰吧
Yeah !Don't you feel good.When the kids do good
当然,难道你不觉得开心吗
they are rewarding
孩子们有所成就
the ganges pollution case ,it is my most sacred case,that way
对恒河的污染,是我最担心的一件事
because I love mother ganga and I want to see that the river should remain clean ,
因为我热爱恒河母亲,我想看到这条河保持清澈
it should remain vibrant and it should go on blessing humanity forever,that is my wish .
依旧充满活力,它应当永远庇佑着人类,这就是我的愿望
look at the devotion and the connection
of the devotee, of the people that they think this river just from here is going all the way to the ocean
看看这种奉献,这种皈依者和人们的牵系,他们认为这条河由此通向大海
it's a long way to go and they don't think this river is like water going all over there
遥远的路途,他们并不是把这条河看作普通河流
they think she is mother she is flourine grain sunnyset is getting darker and darker
他们将他看作母亲,她是衣食,光明逐渐变暗
if I can she has given me the light she has given me the life
如果我可以,是他给予我光明,赐予我生命
if I can not do anything else at least I can light a candle
give it to her it will flow in our waters maybe 200 yard maybe 2 miles
即使我能力有限,至少我能点一盏灯,带给她,它会随着水流漂浮,可能飘过两百码,也可能两米
and at least that light within Shillong and will comfort every flow so that it can go all the way
而它的光明将慰籍灵魂,一路上,慰籍我们的心灵
comfort livings what the feeling,what that I can give to the world is a promise to the world I should give light
light a candle not only here but in people's life and soul
that's a message even the darknesses are here but I should give light in the candles
我们能够带给世界的,是一个承诺,为世界带来光明,不止在这儿,也在人们的内心和生活中点了一盏灯。这是一个信息:即使黑暗尤在,我应为国家带去光明,
in my life and in people's lives
在我的生命中,在大家的生命中
and that candle only is not to be lit outside but inside our soul
点燃一支蜡烛,不止在外部,同样在我们内心深处
a light of knowlege of wisdom
一盏知识的,智慧的明灯
when I first arrive here in India
I was sitting at a bank of Gange
当我刚来到印度,坐在恒河岸边
a spiritual man approach me
I asked him a simple question
what do you know
长老靠近我,问了我一个简单的问题,何为你所知
at a smile he said humblely
I know one thing that is I know nothing
我微笑而谦逊的说:我明白一件事,那就是我一无所知
here in India I rediscovered what I do know
在印度,我再一次发现了我所明白的
I know I feel joined here in stories of connection and compassion
我知道我融入了一个有关牵系和怜悯的故事
I know I am inspired
我知道我得到了启示
在条奉献之河中我看到,得到福祉的人们生命的延续
随着发现之旅继续寻求不同寻常的个人以及他们的神圣的道路
尽我们所能照亮前路
我将铭记印度最智慧长老的信息,恒河,母亲河,感谢你对我敞开胸怀

怜悯之河:恒河
翻译: